ExaGrid is a new generation storage device that is built and designed for the backup solution. ExaGrid Doesn’t have a lock-in with one specific backup vendor and it’s supported with the most of backup software.
We all are very well aware of the data Tiered concept mainly for HOT and Cold data, ExaGrid is Tiered backup storage but with more advanced logic which is really fixing major challenges and providing robust protection against a ransomware attack.
Ransomware stories are very common these days and many organizations had faced tuff times and have lost very critical and important data. Ransomware is really scary.
The most Terrifying thing is hackers manage to delete data from the primary storage and backup storage as well and the organization is left with no option to get the data back
Let us understand how protection works
ExaGrid’s have unique approach is called Retention Time-Lock (RTL). It prevents the threat actors/ hackers from deleting the backups and allows for retention points to be purged.
ExaGrid is Tiered Backup Storage with a front-end disk-cache Landing Zone and separate Repository Tier containing all retention data. Data is written directly to the “network facing”ExaGrid disk-cache Landing Zone. hen it is tiered into a “non-network-facing” long-term retention repository where it is stored as deduplicated data objects to reduce the storage cost of long-term retention data. As data is tiered to the Repository Tier, it is deduplicated and stored in a series of objects and metadata. As with other object storage systems, the ExaGrid objects and metadata never change allowing only for the creation of new objects or deletion of old objects when retention is reached.
- Any deletion requests are delayed by the number of days in the protection policy
- Encrypted data written to ExaGrid does not delete or change previous backups in the repository
- Landing Zone data that is encrypted does not delete or change previous backups in the repository
- Set delayed deletion in 1-day increments from 0 days to 30 days
- Protects against loss of any and all retained backups including monthlies and yearlies
- Two-Factor Authentication (2FA) protects changes to the Time-Lock setting
- Separate password for primary site versus second site ExaGrid
- Separate backup staff and security staff roles and passwords
- Alarm on Delete
- The alarm on data deduplication ratio change
Supported Backup software
- Veritas NetBackup
- any more :- https://www.exagrid.com/exagrid-products/supported-data-backup-applications/
Thanks to visit