My All-time favorite topic is data protection and I always love to spend my free time learning new data protection method from the different solution provider, here I have tried to configure the virtual machine backup with azure and I must say Microsoft engineer has really made the things very simple
A Recovery Services vault is a storage entity in Azure that houses data. The data is typically copies of data, or configuration information for virtual machines (VMs), workloads, servers, or workstations. we can use Recovery Services vaults to hold backup data for various Azure services such as IaaS VMs (Linux or Windows) and Azure SQL databases. Recovery Services vaults support System Center DPM, Windows Server, Azure Backup Server, and more. Recovery Services vaults make it easy to organize your backup data, while minimizing management overhead.
Within an Azure subscription, we can create up to 500 Recovery Services vaults per subscription per region.
Here are the some simple steps to configure the backup.
- Open azure console https://portal.azure.com/ and browse for Recovery Service vaults
- first we need to create Recovery service vault from the option available from the console
- From the service vault creation window, it is mandatory to provide the details such as Subscription resource group, vault name, and region,
Virtual machine from the same region of recovery service vault can only be backup, we will not be able to back up if the Recovery service vault region is east Europe and virtual machine running on west Europe both has to be in same region
- From the next windows we have chance to review applied settings
- once the Recovery vault is create select go to resources
- From the following windows, we have the option to select the backup method in my case I am trying to back up from azure virtual machine however we can also backup from azure stack and on-premise
- Select the backup policy, or else we can also create new policy based on required RPO & RTO
- select the VMs to backup
- Select enable backup to active the backup policy
- Backup jobs can be monitor from job monitor tab
Thanks to visit my Blogs ,